Gutters should be cleaned at least once in the summer and twice in the fall.
At Jewell Roofing & Gutters, LLC, we care about your investment and here we have provided you with a few general maintenance tips for the spring and fall time.
- To prevent leaves from clogging the drains, clean all of your gutters and consider putting in gutter screens.
- Check your gutter joints and make sure they are sealed.
- Make sure your roof is free of debris (branches, leaves, etc.).
- If any trees are touching your roof, trim them back or contact a professional.
- Check all your roof flashings, skylights, fireplaces and vents. Make sure they are free of debris.
- Repeat these steps twice a year to ensure that your roof will be in top condition throughout the year.